Thursday, January 12, 2012

Renewed Lamp

Over the holiday break, I had a goal to get my craft space in order. After Chatty Crafty, my STUFF was -literally- EVERYWHERE. All over. Upstairs....downstairs...kitchen...bedroom... every nook and cranny had soooooooommmmmmething stuck in it.


So! I went to the store and purchased a bunch of bins, and went to it. The organization is now done, now I am on to the "making it pretty" stage. That's where this lamp comes in to play.


I saw a lamp like this on Pinterest, and it was made by The Pleated Poppy. (awesome blog, BTW)


There was an ugly old lamp in my craft space that I was using. It had a flecked gold and cream base, and a plain old shade. It seemed like the perfect way to begin this project. :)




What you need:


Primer


spray paint


lamp shade


bits of material




What you do:


lamp base-


-Spray the base with a couple of coats of primer.


Let primer dry between coats.


-Spray a couple of coats of spray paint.


Again, let paint dry between coats.




shade-


-Cut off the material of the shade revealing the metal skeleton


of the shade.


-Cut material strips about an 1 1/2 in. wide.


-Tie strips to the lamp shade.



There you go. Shabby Chic.


This pretty little lamp sits on my crafting table.


More on my organization annnnnd decor coming!


2 comments:

erin said...

LOVE it! I am so sure. Of course you did that. I pinned it too. I had already started cutting the strips of fabric last week. I can't wait.

tiptop2 said...

Looks like FUN and perhaps something I could do....? I will add that to my list of things for us to do when you come. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...