Monday, August 22, 2011

Thank You, No...Thank You.



My sister-in-law is getting married next month, and she asked me to make a few things for her wedding. Before you even think it...say it...yes...I realize it looks pretty darn distressed. She has a vintage vision for her wedding, so she wanted the "Thank You" sign (for the couple to hold during a pic, then later send out with thank you cards) to look very worn and old.

It was really easy to make. I bought the wooden plaques at Hobby Lobby, and painted them cream. I painted the words using a paint pen (I suck using a brush), then I took some good ole sandpaper to the plaque. I concentrated in certain areas, like the corners, edges, and places within the word. For the final touch, I watered down some black paint and brushed it over the entire plaque patting it dry with paper towel.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday!!-

Tracy

2 comments:

erin said...

Oooo. I love it! I can't wait to see pics of the wedding. Are you the photographer? Where did you get those awesome pillows???

Tracy Crosby said...

My friend, Kristy, from Pocketful of Poise made the pillows! Aren't they great? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...