Monday, February 15, 2010

Luc Turned ONE: all about his party

I can't believe my baby turned one. As cliche as it sounds, it really does seem like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. Now he is off of formula and demanding real (as we lovingly say, "human" ) food. He is running around the house getting into everything, and beginning to say words. He definitely has his own fantastic little personality, and he is definitely MY little cuddlebug. Ohhhh, how we love to cuddle.

Ok, on to the party. If anyone knows me at all....they know I am a sucker for a party. I think I have kid birthday parties more for me than them. I love to plan and execute. It doesn't always turn out the way it was played out in my mind, but I have never been too disappointed. This party was no different.

My husband's one request was that I make this a "healthy" party. He doesn't like the idea of filling the kids up with two tons of sugar, and really, I am not such a fan of it either. We don't really do a lot of sweets around here, if we do give one it's in small amounts. However, I just didn't really think about making it healthy. I was pleased with how it all turned out.


I made yummy yogurt vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Everyone seemed to approve, and the kids were never the wiser. hee hee. We added some apples/caramel, PB & J sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, and I hand dipped some pretzels to the spread. For goody bags, I made some trail mix, and also sent home a big colorful envelope stuffed with a big fat healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. The cookies were my favorite.


The decoration inspiration came straight from Martha Stewart. There is always something on her website that gets me excited. For Cash's first birthday, I used her website's idea for a monkey party. It was pretty stink'n awesome.

The party went well. We had some last minute cancellations due to illness, but I suppose that is to be expected in the DEAD of winter. We'll probably encounter that a lot with Luc's birthday until he's a bit older. Overall...it was rock'n.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Cute party...I can't wait to try the cup cakes! until I looked at the recipe that is...it looks a bit involved...oh well, it will be a nice treat!

Unknown said...

Looks like the party turned out great! The pics are awesome and I am sad that I didn't get to try those cupcakes!

erin said...

Those cupcakes were yummy and I wonder if you can just use a box mix and add yogurt? hummm. The cookies were the BEST!! We had such a great time! I love the last pic with the hats on the mantle. How did you get it so skinny?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...